1. Labor Market Information for Employers - The EDD Labor Market Information Division collects, analyzes, and produces labor market data of interest to employers and the business community. You will find links to wage statistics, benefits information, and data for your business plans, local labor market profiles, and more.
2. Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) - The EDD provides a variety of support services to people affected by COVID-19 in California. For faster and more convenient access to those services, we encourage the use of our online options.
3. Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) FAQs - Provides general guidance as to what programs are available and what situations may be applicable to your circumstances. We encourage you to apply for the program you believe best fits your needs and the EDD will determine your eligibility for benefits.
4. Workplace Health and Safety - For information on protecting workers from COVID-19, refer to the Cal/OSHA Guidance on Coronavirus. Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for help with planning and responding to COVID-19.
5. Reduced Work Hours - If you are experiencing a slowdown in your businesses or services as a result of the coronavirus impact on the economy, you can apply for the UI Work Sharing Program. This program allows employers to seek an alternative to layoffs - retaining their trained employees by reducing their hours and wages that can be partially offset with UI benefits. Visit Work Sharing Program to learn more about its benefits.
6. Potential Closure or Layoffs - If you are planning a closure or major layoffs as a result of the coronavirus, you can get help through the Rapid Response program. For more information, refer to the Rapid Response Services for Businesses Fact Sheet (DE 87144RRB) (PDF) or contact your local America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM.
7. California WARN - Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-31-20 (PDF), which temporarily suspends the 60-day notice requirement in the California WARN Act for those employers that give written notice to employees and satisfy other conditions. The suspension was intended to permit employers to act quickly to mitigate or prevent the spread of coronavirus. For more information, visit the COVID-19: WARN FAQs.
8. Tax Assistance - If you are experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19, you may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file your state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. For questions, call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center at 1-888-745-3886.
9. Labor and Workforce Development Agency - Provides resources for employers and workers including workers’ compensation and paid sick leave.
10. California Department of Industrial Relations - has published a Cal/OSHA guide on requirements to protect workers from COVID-19.