We're more than a pretty place to live with perfect weather. We've got a growing and talented workforce ready to go to work for you.
We're more than a pretty place to live
We might be growing fast, but we still have a hometown feel. We are home to two of the safest cities in the country and have business and community leaders ready to welcome you to your new home.
Home to 2 of the top 3 fastest-growing cities in California. Come discover what makes this the best place on the west coast.
We've got the skills
We're home to top ranked K-12 schools and a robust network of higher-education options, creating a steady pipeline of the talent your company needs to reach new heights.
Let's Grow Your Business!
We know how overwhelming it can be to find the right place to grow or expand your business. The EDC has partners across the state to help you find the answers you need and the resources to make your move.
- California Competes Tax Credit: The California Competes Tax Credit is an income tax credit available to businesses who want to relocate, stay, or grow in California. Our team provides no-cost consultations to see if your business qualifies.
- Advanced Transportation and Manufacturing Sales and Use Tax Exemption: The California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority (CAEATFA) offers a full sales and use tax exclusion to manufacturers that promote alternative energy and advanced transportation.
- Research & Development Tax Credit: A business may qualify for an income tax credit if it paid for or incurred qualified research expenses while conducting qualified research activity in California. Qualified research expenses include wages, supplies, and contract research costs.
- ZEV Funding Opportunities: California and local governments offer a variety of incentives, financing options, and grants to help property owners, businesses, and California residents transition to zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) and install ZEV infrastructure with a skilled workforce. Click below for a list of funding resources that can help.
- Economic Development Rate Program: This program gives special utility discounts for businesses that require high-energy loads to operate or continue operation in California.
- Workforce Training Funds: Through On the Job Training Programs (OJT) and the Employment Training Panel, businesses are able to utilize a variety of hiring and tax incentive programs. These programs can assist a business in hiring new employees or enhancing the skills of their current workforce.
- Site Selection: Let us use our network to find you the perfect location to start or grow your business. We know how valuable your time is, which is why we won't waste a moment of it. Our local businesses benefit from a pro-business culture, a high skilled (and available!) workforce, easily accessible logistics and transportation, and a team of professionals that are ready to help you start growing today.