New Member & Board of Directors
To kick off our June Newsletter, we would like to introduce our new member, the Lake Elsinore Unified School District! This month we also like to introduce our new board of directors. We want to thank these individuals for stepping up beyond their membership and committing to the EDC.
1. Brad Neet, Southwest Healthcare-Term ending June 2026
2. Shaun Bowen, Brookfield Properties-Term ending June 2025
3. Armando Villa, City of Menifee-Term ending June 2024
4. Joseph Troya, Consolidated Contracting-Term ending June 2026
5. Aaron Adams, City of Temecula-Term ending June 2025
6. Jason Simpson, City of Lake Elsinore-Term ending June 2024
7. Rob Moran, Riverside County-Term ending June 2026
8. Dan York, City of Wildomar-Term ending June 2025
1. Matt Hyatt, Millipore Sigma-Term ending June 2026
2. Ann Shaw, Abbott Vascular-Term ending June 2025
3. Heather Holmes, Pechanga Development Corp-Term ending June 2024
4. Jonathan Jean-Marie, Loma Lina University Medical Center-Term ending June 2026
1. Don Hitzeman, Reid & Hellyer-Term ending June 2025
2. Adam Eventov, SoCal Gas-Term ending June 2026
3. Roxanne Roundtree, Eastern Municipal Water District-Term ending June 2025
1. Kari McFall, Hamel Companies/McFall Strategies -Term ending June 2024
2. Diane Strand, JDS Video and Media Productions- Term ending June 2026
3. Morris Myers, MSJC-Term ending June 2025
1. Kim Cousins, Lake Elsinore Chamber of Commerce-Term ending June 2024
2. Michael Cano, Menifee VFW Post 1956-Term ending June 2025
We would also like to thank JDS Studio and Brookfield Properties for being Ruby-level sponsors and the Law Offices of Rosenstein and Associates for their Topaz-level sponsorships.
Introducing Our New Secretary
This month we would like to thank Terri Delhamer for her years of service to our organization as secretary. We want to introduce our new secretary, Kari McFall, from McFall Strategies and Hamel Contracting.
We attended the Temecula Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Economic Forecast at South Coast Winery this month. Our Executive Director, Connie Stopher, CEcD, was a panelist and shared all about the exciting things we have been up to at the EDC recently, including our work on recruiting our commuter workforce to local jobs.
We hosted our Board Retreat for our new board of directors this week at the Lake Elsinore Storm Stadium. Our board of directors dove into the bylaws and outlined clear objectives for our organization moving forward. Thank you to the Storm for hosting us!
The Mayor's Advanced Manufacturing Idea Exchange
We are wrapping up the month from the City of Menifee. Today we partnered with the City of Menifee for the Mayor’s Advanced Manufacturing Idea Exchange on June 29th. We want to thank our expert panelists: Arun Sinha from Opto 22, John Slyne from MilliporeSigma, Peter Jackson from Chase Bank, and Paul Kirwan from the SBDC. Thank you to our event sponsors, Southwest Healthcare, Brookfield Properties, The Law Offices of Rosenstein and Associates, and JDS Studio.
Next Board Meeting
Reminder there will be no board meeting for July, our next meeting will be August 3rd, and we will have a presentation from Vice Chancellor Rodolfo Torres and Associate Vice Chancellor Rosibel Ochoa from UCR. If you are interested in attending our next meeting as a guest, register here!
Despite not having a board meeting in July, that doesn’t mean we’re not still busy. We have a site visit from Project Stars in July, a project we met at SelectUSA. We are excited to share all about that and more in August.
Thank you to our platinum investors Brookfield Properties, Southwest Healthcare, and Consolidated Contracting!
Connie Stopher, CEcD